Unless you’re a photographer living under a rock, you’ll know that photokina in Köln, Germany opened this week and is already starting to wind down and again this year I wasn’t there. So, what did I miss?
The prediction from two years ago that mobile photography, with its instant sharing capability, will be taking over from traditional photography seems to be true if you look at the number of products for iphonographers and the hybrid cameras running Android with WiFi. But, oh, the cameras! While there were plenty of leaked photos ahead of the event, all the major camera manufacturers are there. The two that have really caught my eye are the new Polaroid Instant camera (welcome back!) and Sony’s RX1.
Continuing Coverage from around the web in this blog’s sidebar until next week.
- The new Leica S unveiled at Photokina 2012 (dawn.com)
- The Verge is live from Photokina 2012! (theverge.com)
- A Sneak Peek of a Messy Photokina as Companies Scramble to Set Up Booths (petapixel.com)
- Lytro Goes to Europe: Meet us during Photokina in Cologne (lytro.com)
- Colors! Samsung’s Galaxy Camera pops at Photokina with vibrant orange and magenta paint jobs (engadget.com)
- Nokia Lumia 920 makes PureView appearance at Photokina with anti-shake video demo (video) (engadget.com)
- Canon targets photo enthusiasts at Photokina (reviews.cnet.com)
- Photokina day 1 (nikonrumors.com)
- Lensbaby Debuts Selective-Focus Lens Spark at Photokina (Photos) (forbes.com)
- Full-Frame Compacts, Android Cameras, and More From Photokina 2012 (popsci.com)